This unit of competency provides you with the nationally recognised skills you need to operate a backhoe, front-end loader or excavator.
- Loader types, characteristics, technical capabilities and limitations.
- Basic principles of soil technology for civil works.
- Site and equipment safety requirements.
- Techniques for calculating safe working loads.
- Loader and attachment operating techniques related to essential tasks.
- Processes for interpreting drawings and sketches.
- Operational, maintenance and basic diagnostic procedures.
- Site isolation and traffic control responsibilities and authorities.
- Materials safety data sheets and materials handling methods.
- Project quality requirements.
- Civil construction terminology.
- Methods of changing machine attachments.
- Safe operating techniques in all terrain.
- Basic earthworks calculations.
- Civil construction activity sequences of road construction, earthworks and drainage.
- Levelling techniques.
Duration of Course
The course runs for approximately 5 days (40 hours) it can however be influenced on previous experience and class knowledge.
Availability and Pricing
For Pricing and availability call Guy for more information 0422 293 454
Verification of Competencies
We can also do VOC courses for all Loader Training.
You won’t find a training experience like those offered by Civil Skill Assessment Service anywhere else. Each of our trainers have over 30 years hands on experience in the field